Greetings, Counselors! We appreciate the hard work and dedication you provide to students during the college selection process. We've provided these pages for your use in assisting students
You can request access to the site by creating an account. Once approved, you will be allowed to see which students have applied to WVU, check their decision status, see what materials are needed to complete their file, and more. It’s simple, secure, and provides instant, convenient access to your students’ information.
A Message to ALL High School Guidance Counselors
The Higher Education Policy Commission has advised that in order to prepare our high school students with a stronger science background, technical conceptual science courses do not meet the college lab science admission requirement. To provide students and Guidance Counselors the necessary time to adjust to these recommendations, WVU has decided to phase in this new advisory:
If you have any additional questions, please contact the WVU Office of Admissions, at 304-293-2121.
Please bookmark this page and make use of this resource when assisting students searching for a college to attend. We also have several admissions counselors to answer your questions, or even visit your school. Please contact Adele Siba by phone, fax, or e-mail with your concern or request. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Adele R. Siba
West Virginia University
Assistant Director of Admissions
Phone: (304) 293-2121
Fax: (304) 293-3080
Quick WVU admissions facts
|Important WVU Codes:|
|FAFSA School Code: 003827 |
TOEFL Code: 5904
|Average WVU 2011 Freshman Class Profile|
||SAT (math critical reading)
|Required High School Credits |
- 4 units of English (including grammar, composition, and literature)
- 4 units of college preparatory mathematics. Three units must be Algebra I and II and Plane Geometry.
- 3 units of social studies (including U.S. History)
- 3 units of science. ALL units must be laboratory science. Recommended units include: Biology, Chemistry, Physics,
Anatomy, and Environmental Science
- 2 units of a foreign language, must be the same language. American Sign Language is acceptable for this requirement
- 1 unit of fine arts. Recommended units include: Music, Band, Art, Theater, Dance, Drama, and Performance